It is well known that limited access to capital is the number one challenge small businesses face for business growth or even survival. But with the right social media marketing, small businesses have an opportunity to set themselves up for a better chance of success.
Social media marketing is a crucial channel for driving traffic and growing revenue. As more people move online, there are more opportunities for small business owners to reach the people looking for their services.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
- Increase brand awareness: The visual nature of social media platforms allows you to build your visual identity across vast audiences
- Connects your business: social media enables you to turn your business into an active participant in your market.
- Drive traffic: Between the link in your profile, blog post links in your posts, and your ads, social media is a top channel for driving traffic (online or foot traffic).
- Generate leads and customers: You can also generate leads and conversions directly on these platforms through features like Instagram/Facebook shops, direct messaging, call to action buttons on profiles, and appointment booking.
- Build relationships: These platforms open both direct and indirect lines of communication with your followers, potential leads, and loyal customers.
Use Professional Tools (pst… they are free!)
Smart business owners know that posting on social media is not enough to reach new customers and have business success. It requires ongoing learning, digital transformation, and a self-starting mindset to bring the desired outcome.
Learning how to manage your online presence and bring your brand to life in a consistent format is crucial for connecting with the right audience and generating qualified leads that ultimately get revenue.
Fortunately, the internet gives access to many tools and resources, at a low cost or even free! With so many options available, every small business owner can design a bright future.
These are some of the free tools every small business owner should have to create and manage social media like a pro.
- For design content: Canva, PicMonkey, Adobe Spark
- Schedule and manage content: Facebook business manager, Later, Planoly, Loomly
- Email marketing: MailChimp, Mailerlite, Omnisend, Drip.
SMBs CAN compete against Giants.
While it may seem impossible to take on large or well-established businesses; with the right social media strategy, small businesses can get a piece of the market without breaking the budget.
- Attract early adopters
- Personalize engagement
- Focus on SEO and search intent
- Pivoting is every small business superpower.
It is not impossible to get a piece of the market, all you need is a solid social media marketing strategy, including SEO and user data. By enabling you to personalize experiences, keep information consistent and respond flexibly to trends, these improvements provide the tools you need to fend off the competition.
Where to Get Free Training
- Facebook Business Learning Center Explore courses designed to help you build your digital marketing knowledge and bring your business online.
- YouTube Creators Everything a small business needs to keep its channel updated
- Instagram For Business See how to set up a free business profile, create content and use Instagram to grow your business.
- Twitter Flight School Learn about new tools and ad campaigns
- Google Analytics Academy Analytics Academy helps you learn about Google’s measurement tools so that you can grow your business through intelligent data collection and analysis.
- TikTok Business Learning Center
Whether you need a one-time service or looking for a marketing partner, we have options that fit your needs and budget. We work with women-owned small businesses in the following niches: coaching, professional services, education, and organic/natural beauty care niche.
You can have a SEO marketing partner that helps your business have more visibility, attract more clients, and increase customer referrals.
Focus on growing your business while we focus to improve your SEO.